Click above to chat live with a representative.
Safety Tip of the Week
COPING WITH THE HEAT!
HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE!
1. Wear loose, light-colored clothing - make sure to follow workplace dress codes.
2. Wear a hat (if allowed) and stay in the shade when possible.
3. Use sunscreen to protect your skin, even on cloudy days!
4. Take frequent breaks in the shade or air-conditioned environment to cool down.
5. Drink plenty of water or sports drinks throughout the day. Soda, coffee, energy drinks etc. can dehydrate you!
6. Keep an eye on other co-workers and watch for signs of heat exhaustion / stroke: dizziness, feeling light-headed, excessive sweating, headache, nausea and high body temperature.
7. Call 911 if someone has: fainted, has seizure, becomes suddenly confused or has excessive body temp. Move co-worker to shaded / cooled environment, fan person, provide them water, use ice packs under arms / on body, dab with cool cloth if available and stay with person until help arrives.
Remember - SAFETY IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS!
We specialize in light industrial, warehouse, clerical, and administrative staffing.
Copyright © Iowa Staffing
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
717 N. 18th St. Suite 6
Centerville, Iowa 52544
Des Moines Location:
2150 E. Hubbell Ave.
Des Moines, Iowa 50317