Safety Tip of the Week
ALWAYS USE PROPER LIFTING TECHNIQUES
DON'T HURT YOUR BACK!
1. Keep loads close to your body.
2. Bend at your knees - not at your back, and keep your spine straight.
3. Utilize a back brace if frequently lifting heavy loads.
4. Make sure your path is clear of any obstacles or trip hazards before you pick-up / carry items.
5. If something is too big for you to handle, ask a team member to assist you.
6. Utilize mechanical lifts for items over 100 lbs if you have been properly trained / certified - never operate any equipment without proper training and authorization.
7. You can injure your back even when lifting lightweight items. Always use proper positioning / posture when lifting any object.
Remember - SAFETY IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS!
Click above to chat live with a representative.
We specialize in light industrial, warehouse, clerical, and administrative staffing.
Copyright © Iowa Staffing
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
717 N. 18th St. Suite 6
Centerville, Iowa 52544
Des Moines Location:
2150 E. Hubbell Ave.
Des Moines, Iowa 50317